BEEF BRIEF: Spike’s Sunnyside
During our day-to-day adventures, we plow through so many burgs and we fail to share a lot of them here at Burger Days. We think that’s just wrong. So in an effort to spread more beefy goodness, we introduceÂ BeefÂ Briefs,Â short, brief looks at more of the burgers we take to the face.
Where’s theÂ beef?
It’s right f**king here.Â
We found ourselves on Capitol Hill last week and, naturally, itÂ necessitatedÂ a pit stop into a Crew favorite, Good Stuff Eatery.
We’re longtime fans of Chef Spike’s burgs, and while they’ll never win any beauty contests (by the time you unwrap ‘em from their paper shells, the buns are wrinklier than a Shar Pei), they do our bellies just right. Make no mistake about it, what these burgers lack inÂ aesthetics, they more than make up for with taste. Our favorites of the bunch include the Prez Obama Burger and Good Stuff Melt, though last Friday’s tango with Spike’s Sunnyside –cheddar, bacon, Good Stuff sauce and a runny fried egg– left us feeling messy and more than alright.
Fortunately we won’t have to make the trek out to Capitol Hill for our Good Stuff fix much longer– a new Crystal City location opens up next month.
Good Stuff Eatery | 303 Pennsylvania Ave SE | DC |Â goodstuffeatery.com
Latest Burger Haps
- Capon Looks to 4-Peat at NYC Burger Bash Friday [BURGER BASH]
- Plan B’s Burgers, Bourbon & Motherfucking Disco Tots Are Almost Here [Mo' Burgers]
- October Burger Crop Brings 1 New Entry, 3 Repeats [BOTMs]
- Mad Fox’s Weiss Creates Bryce Harpurger as Nats Enter Playoffs
- A Sneak Peek at the Italian Beef Burger Coming Tomorrow to B Side