BEEF BRIEF: LoKal Burger & Beer’s 50/50
During our day-to-day adventures, we plow through so many burgs and we fail to share a lot of them here at Burger Days. We think that’s just wrong. So in an effort to spread more beefy goodness, we introduce BeeÂ Briefs, short, brief looks at more of the burgers we take to the face.
Where’s the beef?
It’s right f**king here.
In preparation for our impending beef bender tonight at the Burger Bash, we hit up LoKal Burgers & Beer— a new joint in Coconut Grove that we can only describe as phenomenal. The spot, a creation of Rockville, Maryland-native Matthew Kuscher, is just two months old but it’s already slinging the goods with a veteran’s touch. All the grub is locally sourced, with beef and alligator –yes, gator– supplied from nearby ranches. We got a piece of both the My Childhood Dream (a burger with bacon, cheese and a fried egg between a glazed donut) and their 50/50 burg. Both pre-Bash burgs were divine. The 50/50, pictured above, is a half bacon, half beef mashup with Monteray Jack, mayo and a blissfully sublime sweet onion marmalade.
Burger Days Rating:
LoKal Burgers & Beer | 3190 Commodore Plaza | Coconut Grove | Florida | lokalmiami.com
BEEF BRIEF: LoKal Burger & Beer's 50/50,
Latest Burger Haps
- Mad Fox’s Drunken Pilgrim is the Burger to Eat on Thanksgiving Eve
- Mixing Fancy Burgers With Fancy Wine at The Capital Grille
- There’s a Damn Flock of Turkey Burgers in D.C. This Month [NOVEMBER BOTMs]
- Forget Canada, We Have Our Own Reese’s-Stuffed Burger Right Here in Fairfax
- Embrace the Brats with Oktoberfest Burgers [OCTOBER BOTMs]