Arlington’s brgr:shack Bites the Greasy Dust
More sad burger news as just a few days after learning of Dorothy Moon’s impending shut down, we discover another area patty slinger
looks like it has shuttered its doors. Please, bow your head for our spelling-challenged burger pals, it appears Arlington’s brgr:shack has fired its last brgr.
The Ballston grass-fed burger joint first opened in February of 2011 and quickly became a top spot of the Crew. A member of the BOTM club, brgr:shack even made the first-ever commercially available Burger Days burger (the brgr:days, natch). But a menu overhaul back in March might have been the first sign things weren’t going as greasy smooth as they appeared. And while we never heard many complaints about the grub, if you tried grabbing a quick burger for lunch, you soon learned service time wasn’t their strong suit.
In its place on North Fairfax Drive, there’s a sign up touting an upcoming second location of Earl’s Sandwiches slated to open up early this month. But sadly, because of course we checked, there is no burger to be found on their menu.
Latest Burger Haps
- What Was Your Favorite Burger Days Burger Week Burger? [POLL]
- Don’t Be Afraid of Right Proper’s Spam-a-fied No Ka Oi Burger
- With Ghost Pepper Pimento & Fried Pickles, Holy Cow Knows What’s Up
- DCity’s Hector Puts All Other Chili Burgers to Shame [Sorry, Ben’s]
- Mad Fox’s Banh Mi-Burger-Chimichanga Hybrid is a Flavor-Filled Gut Bomb