Symon Takes Home Top Prize at 2012 Burger Bash. We Take Home Meat Sweats.
The meat hangover from last night’s beef bender is in full effect this morning.
The 2012 South Beach Burger Bash was simply amazing.Â A brief recap of our night: Burger. Burger. Boozer. Burger. Boozer. Repeat ten times. We won’t eat for a month.
And good luck convincing us, or our bellies, that we weren’t, in fact, the big winners on the night. But technically, Michael Symon’s B Spot’s Porky burger, practically a whole pig on a bun (pork and bacon burger topped with pulled pork and slaw), won the People’s Choice prize. It’s Symon’s third consecutive Bash title. Other winners included Judges Award winner Whisk Gourmet with a crispy shallot, bacon and Swiss burger and Mr. Triple D himself, Guy Fieri taking home the Best Dressed burger title with his Straight-Up Pig Patty burger.
And even though they didn’t take home any hardware, the local boys brought their A-game to South Beach too. Mark Bucher’s BGR repped D.C. to the fullest with The Wellington and Spike and Good Stuff, despite a few booth technical difficulties, scored with the new steak frites burger.
We’ve got tons more coverage from last night’s Bash and, as soon as we shake these meat sweats, we’ll get all the good stuff to you.
Now, if you’ll excuse us, we’ve got more digesting to do.
Latest Burger Haps
- Mad Fox’s Drunken Pilgrim is the Burger to Eat on Thanksgiving Eve
- Mixing Fancy Burgers With Fancy Wine at The Capital Grille
- There’s a Damn Flock of Turkey Burgers in D.C. This Month [NOVEMBER BOTMs]
- Forget Canada, We Have Our Own Reese’s-Stuffed Burger Right Here in Fairfax
- Embrace the Brats with Oktoberfest Burgers [OCTOBER BOTMs]