Shake Shack Starts Slinging Brat-Topped Burgers Friday for Shacktoberfest
It’s that time of the year again when Shake Shack goes Deutschland on us with brat-topped-burgers, sausages and tall, frosty steins of limited-time booze during their 8th annual Shacktoberfest celebration staring this Friday.
With a lineup that would make Abe Froman jealous, NYC’s own Schaller & Weber is hooking up the links for the fest which include:
• Polish Sausage (griddled and served with German-style slaw)
• Currywust (a Bavarian brat with crispy Shakmeister Ale-marinated shallots and curry ketchup)
• Bavarian Brats with spicy mustard
• Griddled Cheddar-Stuffed Brat
• Cheddar-Brat-topped Shackburger with crispy ShackMeister Ale-marinated shallots and ShackSauce (boom)
And what’s Oktoberfest without a little booze to help the sausages go down? The burger slingers have their Bavarian-bases covered with special 25 oz. Shake Shack Bier Steins for 10 bucks that can be topped off with Shackmeister Ale or a limited-time Brooklyn Brewery Oktoberfest brew. And be sure to keep the stein on your person because all through Shacktoberfest, 25-ounce refills of the good stuff are just $7 more.
If you can tear yourself away from the meat, they’ve got a special German Chocolate Pecan Concrete made up of coconut-pecan-caramel-and-chocolate-truffle-cookie-dough blended chocolate custard and a Apfelstrudel Shake with vanilla frozen custard mixed with apples, caramel and spices to throw down your gaping maw as well.
Shacktoberfest kicks off this Friday, October 4 and runs though Sunday, October 13 at both DuPont and F Street Shacks.