14th Street Black & Orange Shaves Its Late Night Hours [UPDATE: Temporarily....]
UPDATE: A Black & Orange rep tells us the hour change is temporary at this point as they’re still trying to find the right balance of hours to “reach all of the demand from our customers while still fulfilling all of our business needs.” He adds,Â “as soon as we see the solid consistent demand being more steady, we’re going to restore the full late night schedule.”
Black & Orange released a statement citing problems with their neighborhood association when trying to obtain an liquor license to open their outdoor patio. Full release is below.
All that hype that D.C. was becoming a 24-hour city seems a bit premature as The Hamilton is no longer an open all-day and night spotÂ and U Street’s new Black & Orange location has shaved their hours as well.Â The 14th St. burger joint is open ’til 5 a.m. nightly no more.
The Post’s Going Out Gurus spotted a new sign showing that while Friday and Saturday will keep the predawn hours, B&O now closes at 11 a.m. Sunday through Wednesday and 3 a.m. on Thursday.
Here’s hoping this is just a temporary thing as we sorely need a place to get our burger on during our late night Tuesday benders.
Black & Orange’s Chef Raynold Mendizabal’sÂ official statement:
Latest Burger Haps
- Capon Looks to 4-Peat at NYC Burger Bash Friday [BURGER BASH]
- Plan B’s Burgers, Bourbon & Motherfucking Disco Tots Are Almost Here [Mo' Burgers]
- October Burger Crop Brings 1 New Entry, 3 Repeats [BOTMs]
- Mad Fox’s Weiss Creates Bryce Harpurger as Nats Enter Playoffs
- A Sneak Peek at the Italian Beef Burger Coming Tomorrow to B Side