Thunder Burger Says ‘No’ to Lion Burgers
After receiving flack from animal groupsÂ last week, the Georgetown burger joint issued a statement on their Facebook page today stating they won’t be serving any cat-, dog- or horse-related animals. Â “Simply put, we will NOT serve any animal that is feline, canine or equine,” it says.
Whew. Can’t say we were looking forward to a horse burger.
The spot’s new “Wild Wednesday” promotion, featuring a different wild-game dish each week, kicked-off two weeks ago with alligator ribs and then followed up with ostrich burgers last week.
For tomorrow’s special, they’ve got kangaroo sliders with a teriyaki glaze on tap. We’ve yet to experience the taste of the marsupial, but Thunder Burger GM Ryan Wolfe told us it’s a lean but tender meat with a flavor “somewhere between ostrich and venison.” Â He also said it pairs great with a DC Brau Corruption IPA.
Latest Burger Haps
- New Bacon-and-Beer Caramelized Onion Burger Comes to Shake Shack
- We Downed All 16 Burgers at Saturday’s DC Burger Bash
- Burger Tap & Shake Opening Today in Tenleytown [Mo’ Burgers]
- BTS Goes French, Social Does Vietnamese & Bacon Jammin’ at Dogwood [JULY BOTMs]
- It’s So Patriotic, This Burger Deserves a Salute Before Each Bite