Thunder Burger Says ‘No’ to Lion Burgers
After receiving flack from animal groupsÂ last week, the Georgetown burger joint issued a statement on their Facebook page today stating they won’t be serving any cat-, dog- or horse-related animals. Â “Simply put, we will NOT serve any animal that is feline, canine or equine,” it says.
Whew. Can’t say we were looking forward to a horse burger.
The spot’s new “Wild Wednesday” promotion, featuring a different wild-game dish each week, kicked-off two weeks ago with alligator ribs and then followed up with ostrich burgers last week.
For tomorrow’s special, they’ve got kangaroo sliders with a teriyaki glaze on tap. We’ve yet to experience the taste of the marsupial, but Thunder Burger GM Ryan Wolfe told us it’s a lean but tender meat with a flavor “somewhere between ostrich and venison.” Â He also said it pairs great with a DC Brau Corruption IPA.
Latest Burger Haps
- The Salvadoran Stack AKA Burgusa is Here to Make Burgers Great Again
- It’s February Which Means It’s Time Again for Mardi Gras Burgers
- BGR Joining Mosaic’s Already Fantastic Burger Lineup
- Shake Shack Busts Out the Fried Chicken in D.C. Starting TODAY
- ‘Epic Burger’ Man Travis Weiss Leaving Mad Fox for Rebellion