Thunder Burger Says ‘No’ to Lion Burgers
After receiving flack from animal groupsÂ last week, the Georgetown burger joint issued a statement on their Facebook page today stating they won’t be serving any cat-, dog- or horse-related animals. Â “Simply put, we will NOT serve any animal that is feline, canine or equine,” it says.
Whew. Can’t say we were looking forward to a horse burger.
The spot’s new “Wild Wednesday” promotion, featuring a different wild-game dish each week, kicked-off two weeks ago with alligator ribs and then followed up with ostrich burgers last week.
For tomorrow’s special, they’ve got kangaroo sliders with a teriyaki glaze on tap. We’ve yet to experience the taste of the marsupial, but Thunder Burger GM Ryan Wolfe told us it’s a lean but tender meat with a flavor “somewhere between ostrich and venison.” Â He also said it pairs great with a DC Brau Corruption IPA.
Latest Burger Haps
- National Burger Week 2015 Wrap Up: We Ate a Hell of a Lot of Meat
- It’s National Hamburger Day So Go Forth & Feast
- BEEF BRIEF: Station 4’s Smoked Kobe-Style Burger is One We’d Eat Again
- City Burger + Burger Days = Monte Cristo Burger This Thursday [YOU’RE WELCOME]
- What Was Your Favorite Burger Days Burger Week Burger? [POLL]